The Office of the Mayor
Mayor Gregory W. Pearl
North 5th St.
Allegany, NY 14706
Welcome to the Village of Allegany, New York Web Site.
The Village of Allegany is located in southern Cattaraugus County, New York. Allegany is the smallest village in the county in terms of size, but the second largest village in terms of population.
Allegany is adjacent to St. Bonaventure University, the county‚Äôs only private, four-year university. The Village has a compact, pedestrian-oriented, historic downtown that contains stores and services that are used by residents and students. It retains the characteristics of a traditional village with multi-story, brick facades of the downtown buildings. Surrounding the downtown are friendly and walkable residential neighborhoods.
Because of the convenient access to Interstate 86 and the well-preserved historic character of the downtown, the Village of Allegany attracts many visitors and takes pride in servicing its residents.
As Mayor, I invite you to experience what the Village of Allegany has to offer. Enjoy our website, you will find that Allegany is a great place to live or visit.
Gregory W. Pearl
Mayor, Village of Allegany
Mayor Pearl started serving his first four-year term on April 1, 2015.
Have Concerns, Questions or Information: Stop by the Village Office and see Mayor Pearl when holds office hours every Wednesday evening from 6:30-8:30.
Statutory Duties of the Mayor of Allegany:
- The Mayor presides at the meetings of the board of trustees. It is mandated that the mayor vote in case of a tie.
- The Mayor has the power to appoint all department heads and non-elected officers and employees.
- The Mayor has the responsibility of ongoing village business, including the execution of contracts and employee conduct.
- The Mayor is designated as the budget officer.
Village Annual Budgets
- Annual Budget - June 1st through May 31st
Other Links of Interest
The Annual Budget Form is in Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF) format. A free copy of Acrobat Reader may be downloaded by clicking on the following image: