Recreational Opportunities in Allegany
Allegany provides many recreational opppurtunities in attempt to assist residents in our community to the wise use of free time, physical fitness, positive youth development and to meet a variety of physical, psychological, and social needs that promote socially redeeming values.
Links to the various recreational opportunities in Allegany are below:
- Allegheny River Valley Trail - the Allegheny River Valley Trail is a 5.6 mile loop, 10' wide asphalt multi use recreational trail, located in the Town of Allegany, Town and City of Olean and St. Bonaventure University.
- Allegheny River Boat Launching Areas - two boat launces are located in the town to assist citizens access to the the Allegheny River.
- Allegany Community Playground - enjoyed by youth for excersise and play.
- High School Tennis Courts - located at the High School on the Five Mile Rd.
- Allegany Area Recreational and Sporting Type Groups - various groups and organization that provide sporting and/or recreational activities for the youth and adults of our community.