- In 1890, Willard Hook & Ladder Company formed the Allegany Fire Department.
- In 1903 a fire destroyed the fire station.
- In 1909, a permanent Volunteer Fire Department and volunteers, using hand drawn-equipment organized Allegany Hose Company #1.
- In 1910, ground was broken for a new fire house at the corner of Harmon Avenue (now Fifth Street) and Main Street, and completed the following spring.
- In 1936, the Engine Company Hosted their first Old Home Week Activities
- In 1959, the Engine Company moved to its newly built Fire Hall at 10 North First Street.
- In 1964, the Allegany Engine Company took top prize at the Southwestern Firemen's Convention for the first time in department history.
- In 1971, the Engine Company Built a Club House / Meeting Room at 45 Maple Avenue.
- In 1972 the Firemen's Club House and Fire Hall was damaged during a major flood.
- In the late 1970's the Fire Departments Ambulances became New York State Certified.
- In 1978 the Company purchased the property at 45 North First Street which is the site of the Fireman's Memorial Park
- In 1982, the Company formed a youth organization for those ages 12-18 known as the Allegany Junior Fire Department. Their members are trained in basic firefighting and first aid skills.
- In 1989, the Fireman's Community Center was built. It was designed to be used as a reception hall for the local community, a site for the firemen's new clubhouse / meeting room, and the Village Offices and Police Department.
- In 1989 the Allegany Engine Company Rescue Squad was created.
- In 1990, the Town of Allegany formed a Fire District governed by a Board of Fire Commissioners. The Town of Allegany Board of Fire Commissioner Members are elected into office and handle all legal, financial and public affairs of the Fire Departments located in the Town of Allegany.
- In 1996, the Fire Department renamed the Community Center the Robert H. Livingston Community Center. Robert H. Livingston was the Fire Department's oldest active firefighter at the time. Livingston was also instrumental in the design and construction of the building and was the caretaker for many years.
- In 2004, the Fire Department started replacing Buildings located at the Fireman's Memorial Park on North First Street.
- In 2007 The Fire Department started the construction of a new Fire Hall Building at the north-west corner of West Main Street where it intersects with North First Street.
- In 2008 The Allegany Firemen moved into the newly constructed Fire Hall Building at 186 West Main Street.
- In 2010 Fire Chief Francis Pezzimenti, the fire departments chief for forty-six years, decided to give up his leadership role and was honored by being given the Title of Honorary Lifetime Fire Chief at the Firemen's Election / Installation Dinner on March 6, 2010. Under Chief Pezzimenti's Command the Fire Department continued to grow. His dedication to the department was above and beyond the expectations of a volunteer firefighter. Hats off to one great fireman and leader. James Billings was elected Fire Chief a position held by Chief Pezzimenti since 1972.
- The Allegany Engine Company has faced several disasters over its long history. In 1930, St. Bonaventure University had two major fires that took several days to control. In 1940, the Firemen's Clubhouse burned. Other fires included Hirsch's Ice Cream Parlor in 1948, the GFL Feed Mill in 1960, the DeSoto Motel in 1961, and Paul's Steak House in 1968. Another fire struck St Bonaventure's campus in 1970. Other serious events that occurred include a major ski lift accident at the Grostal Ski Resort, the Flood of 1972 and again in January of 1996, a shooting incident that occurred on the Southern Tier Expressway (now Interstate Rte. 86), and our department assisted in a sniper shooting which occurred in Olean, New York. On an unusual note, we rescued a man who had been stuck in the mud at the Lippert Sand & Gravel Pit.
ALLEGANY ENGINE COMPANY FIRE CHIEFS
From 1901 to Present
|George C. Derby - 1901 thru 1911||John G. Jones - 1949 thru 1952|
|John J. Walley - 1911 thru 1914||Melvin Peterson - 1952 thru 1954|
|Roy L. Blessing - 1914 thru 1917||Carl Jones - 1954 thru 1955|
|W. Harry Turner - 1917 thru 1918||Jon Deiter - 1955 thru 1956|
|Joseph P. Forness - 1918 thru 1920||Peter Fortuna - 1956 thru 1958|
|John W. Doner - 1920 thru 1924||Francis Pezzimenti 1958 thru 1962|
|George J. Tyer - 1924 thru 1927||Richard Grimes - 1962 thru 1963|
|Robert J. O'Brien - 1927 thru 1932||James L. Boser - 1963 thru 1965|
|Frank R. Carls - 1932 thru 1938||Francis Pezzimenti - 1965 thru 1969|
|Fred H. Dentler - 1938 thru 1944||Judson Spring - 1969 thru 1972|
|James Boser - 1944 thru 1949||Francis Pezzimenti - 1972 - 2010|
|James Billings - 2010 - 2011||Rick Stady - 2011 thru Present|
ALLEGANY ENGINE COMPANY PRESIDENTS
From 1909 to Present
|George Bockmier - 1909 thru 1913||Alvin Barton - 1953 thru 1954|
|E.L. Carls - 1913 thru 1916||Robert Jones - 1954 thru 1955|
|John W. Doner - 1916 thru 1919||Theodore Boser - 1955 thru 1956|
|Harold Wiltse - 1919 - 1920||Richard Grimes - 1956 thru 1958|
|Maynard Lamb - 1920 thru 1922||Pete Fortuna - 1958 thru 1968|
|E. F. McCabe - 1922 thru 1925||Herbert Trowbridge - 1968 thru 1970|
|Lawrence Carl - 1925 thru 1926||Carl Jones - 1970 thru 1972|
|Fred H. Dentler - 1926 thru 1928||Duane Wilber - 1972 thru 1973|
|Robert Willard - 1928 thru 1929||Joseph Carnicelli - 1973 thru 1974|
|H. M. Geuder - 1929 thru 1930||Robert Wenzel - 1974 thru 1976|
|Richard Montie - 1930 thru 1935||William Finch - 1976 thru 1979|
|Francis Norton - 1935 thru 1936||Harold Jones - 1980 thru 1982|
|Leo Forness - 1937 thru 1938||Henrey Sitter - 1982 thru 1984|
|Francis Norton - 1938 thru 1939||Robert Wenzel - 1985 thru 1986|
|Eugene Moshier - 1939 thru 1941||Henry Sitter - 1986 thru 1987|
|Donavan Lippert - 1941 thru 1946||Ed Ensell - 1987 thru 1988|
|Authur Wenzel - 1946 thru 1947||William Finch - 1988 thru 1991|
|Leo Forness - 1947 thru 1948||Dominic Papasergi - 1991 thru 1998|
|Fred Dentler - 1948 thru 1951||Charles Fortuna - 1998 thru 2005|
|Alvin Barton - 1951 thru 1952||Gordon Scott - 2005 thru 2009|
|Everett Turner - 1952 thru 1953||Dave Elling - 2009 thru 2010|
|James Wilson - 2010 thru 2013||Mark Hensell- 2013 thru 2014|
|Lance Jobe- 2014 thru Present|